Jacob's Hope Statement of Faith
Our ministry here at Jacob's Hope is based on our belief that God holds each individual person in His heart, with the greatest love and care. We will endeavor to treat each baby that comes through our doors with the same tender mercies. Please read below to see what we believe.
Jacob’s Hope has been founded and built upon guidelines found in the Bible. While we do not require complete acceptance of our statement of faith for employment or for volunteering time, we do require that these beliefs are acknowledged and are not to be belittled or disrespected. Our ministry is based on the needs of the infants we serve and our unity as a team is to be cherished.
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, authoritative word of God, without error in the original manuscripts. (2 Tim. 3:16)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (1 Peter 1:1-2, Luke 3: 21-22)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, that He was born of a virgin, that He led a perfectly sinless life, that He was tested in all ways of life as we, that He performed real and physical miracles, that He died on the cross as a substitute on our behalf to satisfy God’s holiness and for the forgiveness of our sins, that He bodily rose from the grave as proof of His power over sin and death, that He ascended to heaven and now sits on God the Father’s right hand, and that He will return in power and glory. (Heb. 2:17, Phil 2:5-11, Heb. 4:15, John 20:30, 1 Peter 2:24, John 20:27, 1 Cor. 15:14, Acts 1:9-12, Eph. 1:20-23, Mark 13:26,27)
4. We believe that all people are lost and sinful by nature and therefore in need of salvation. Salvation comes through faith alone in the redemptive work of Christ on the cross. This faith is a result of the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit in people’s lives. Salvation comes through faith in Christ alone and not by any human works or doctrine. (Rom. 3:23, Rom. 10:9, Titus 3:5, Eph. 2:8,9)
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit is alive and active in the lives of believers, urging them and enabling them to live godly lives for the glory of God. (John 16:8, 1 Cor. 3:16, Gal. 5:16-25)
6. We believe that Jesus unites the church universal here on Earth and that He is the head and the ultimate authority over all created things. (Col. 1:18, Eph. 1:22)
7. We believe in the ultimate reward of a physical heaven for all who have believed by faith in Jesus Christ while here on Earth and also the resultant condemnation of hell for all who have denied Him during their life. (Matt. 16:27, Phil. 3:20-21, 2 Cor. 5:1-4, Rev. 20:15, John 3:16,17)